Screen shot of filter parameters

Hi,
I am one of those people who will watch youtube tutorials and try different things to get things to simply work. Many plugins and filters have taken me lots of time trying to figure them out. They do so much I am truly grateful for it. However, when I figure it out, I do a happy dance then I take a snapshot of the settings to make sure I can do it again and try to understand it and be creative for the next project I might do. Currently, I need to take 2 pics because all the settings don't all fit in one page. It would be much easier with one.

Is their something that already exists that could be called up when needed. A possible screen shot or a text file with a click? Currently, If I open the successful file then I have to close out the new one and go back and forth with the old. If this doesn't exist then I would like to suggest that a plugin is written for it. Thanks for all you do!

Moulaythami

A workaround would be to enlarge your display resolution in order to take a screenshot of the full window. Otherwise you could also have a vertical monitor and have the filter window enlarged so you can have all on one screen. I am struggling also with OBS windows so we're on the same boat.

A workaround would be to enlarge your display resolution in order to take a screenshot of the full window. Otherwise you could also have a vertical monitor and have the filter window enlarged so you can have all on one screen. I am struggling also with OBS windows so we're on the same boat.
Your workarounds sound like good ideas, but not sure how to do it. It sounds like you go into settings to change your resolution and maybe use atum to get a vertical monitor. However, I thought of just duplicating the source to experiment with it as to not touch the original for my possible work around. Thanks so much!

Suslik V

Source related settings stored in Scene Collections (look at main menu of OBS, there current Scene Collection is checked).

Thank You Suslik V. I know how to get into that folder, but don't know where to find the paramters I'm looking for. What should I look for? Thanks!

Suslik V

You making backup copy (export) scene collection to file. You modifying any parameter you wish. You decided to return to previous setup - you importing saved earlier scene collection.

Actually, I should have been clearer. It's when I figure out how to do a Move Action or anything "challenging to figure out filter", this is when I need to take a snapshot of the settings. My suggestion would be to enable the settings to be moved up higher allowing for the preview to get smaller. Then the parameters should fit for it to include the whole list of parameters. Thanks.

Moulaythami

Actually, I should have been clearer. It's when I figure out how to do a Move Action or anything "challenging to figure out filter", this is when I need to take a snapshot of the settings. My suggestion would be to enable the settings to be moved up higher allowing for the preview to get smaller. Then the parameters should fit for it to include the whole list of parameters. Thanks.
Oh, that's very annoying for me too, when you need to access a filter parameter, you have this big viewer by default that takes up all the space at the top, you have to scroll down to see the parameters. Then again when you're working with a lot of filters it's annoying to each time you access a filter have to manually resize the big viewer to make it smaller and have all the parameters fit the view. I don't know if there is anyone out there working on changing that so OBS locks the viewer size or even hide the viewer for all Filter's window.