Screen-Motion & TimeLapse Recording

Joaquim Almeida

Hi,

I would like to see these options added to the program as it would differentiate from others alike.

Screen-Motion option:
It would be nice to have something that detect mouse motion/clicks/rolls... or keyboard press in order to serve as trigger to continue recording. If no activity is detected then it pauses. With this, recorded files would be smaller.

Another alternative would be a system that compares the newly recorded frame with the previously one (or more frames) and check for differences (within a pre-configured range). If no changes are detected then the newly recorded frame would be dropped.

TimeLapse:

This option would record a range of pre-configured frames from time to time.
Best of both worlds = Copulate Screen-Motion with TimeLapse:
The ability to keep a frame from time to time even if there isn't any activity, for example after a minute that would never be dropped; that way we'd get a fast-forwarded video til when activity was detected which would stop timelapse mode and resume normal recording. As we can imagine, after a brief moment of no activity, it would return to timelapse mode.
A little background...
I use OBSStudio for desktop recording in a 24/7 basis (knowing the "five W" is one of my priorities), which creates big files. Space isn't the primary problem but the recorded time that doesn't have any activity. Watching one can be a pita even if you know the time you want to look for ;)​

Banyarola

I would love the time motion. Also know as an Intervalometer to take screen shots at set intervals.
Right now I use my camera for that to make time lapse videos. I edit them into a movie and put them on YouTube.