Question / Help Screen Capture Size Issue (hard to explain)

chonsie

I've tried searching everywhere for an answer for this but I don't even know how to explain the problem other than proving a screenshot, so here's what the issue looks like.

be19108b7abdb6fb1f00b28cd9863c39.png

This happens with Game Capture and Window Capture not sure about other sources. But basically it thinks the source is as large as what the red rectangle is showing. Here is a gif showing what resizing does:
4cafc50e0fdaa10cf79001bc4b3dca02.gif

I do know how to crop but that does not solve the issue as the cursor will still lie within blank space that was cropped off.

Note: This was not a problem before, and I don't know what changed between now and when it worked perfectly. I have already tried uninstalling re-installing, Also, OBS Studio does the same thing.
(I have the scene moved to the left the issue is only with the red rectangle.)

Last edited:

FerretBomb

Disable DPI scaling at the OS level. OBS does not work with it. It's what's causing the overlarge text in the UI, and can cause issues with capture (like your current problem) as well.

chonsie

Please let me know what I should have done if this is wrong. This did not solve the overlarge text (not too concerned about this) or the capture issue (concern).
91275bbb4565247f03b169f158569b5e.png

Last edited:

FerretBomb

Not the program compatibility mode settings. You have to turn off DPI scaling at the OS level. As in it can't be enabled at all. Google works, just search for "disable DPI scaling windows (version)".