Scenes still can't be reordered

• Thread starter Deleted member 30350
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30350

I didn't understand it than.
Well, there goes any hope for using the MP version... It's useless without this functionality.

Osiris

Seriously? Useless without that single feature?
Why do you even need it? Since you're the only one i've seen asking for scene reordering.

D

Deleted member 30350

Have you ever tried to use OBS with more scenes that fit in the list? If you can't group them together, it's a bloody mess, and even if you create them in the order you would want them, at some point you WILL add some that should go in the middle of the list anyway.

For me, it's completely useless without this. For you, maybe not.

IngBroadcast

Seriously? Useless without that single feature?
Why do you even need it? Since you're the only one i've seen asking for scene reordering.

Octopuss is not the only person wanting this feature, and not the only person that OBS is completely useless for if scene reordering is not possible.

I'm also pretty disappointed with the moderator Osiris' reply.

Yes, when a new version of a software comes out and features that we count on are not there anymore, it makes it useless.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm going to do a number of things, 1.) allow reordering, 2.) allow the list box to be bigger (with an optional detachable user interface mode), because those tiny list boxes really are a problem, as nice as they might look. I made a rough draft of an alternative fully detachable interface where you can arrange the controls how you like, I might work on that some more at some point if I'm procrastinating too much (technically I'm procrastinating now by responding on the forums, but it's important to communicate with users so it's structured procrastination).

I just haven't been able to get around to reordering at the moment though otherwise. There's a list of things that have differing priorities, fixing bugs/flaws always being the top of that priority list, followed by important features in the order of how many users need some specific feature, followed by other minor things like cosmetic and other less important/significant things.

Also, I feel it's important to note that sometimes the priority list can have unexpected variances depending on what we actually want to work on, some things are more interesting/enjoyable/satisfying to work on than others, and sometimes certain things annoy us to the point to where we start working on it spontaneously. For example I added full RGB/I444 support in the last patch because I really just wanted to up the recording quality even though it really wasn't a high priority at all. So sometimes we have to let ourselves work on fun things once in a while to help keep motivated and the keep the coding juices flowing. Honestly I feel it's better to be productive than to sink in to full procrastination.

Osiris

Octopuss is not the only person wanting this feature, and not the only person that OBS is completely useless for if scene reordering is not possible.

I'm also pretty disappointed with the moderator Osiris' reply.

Yes, when a new version of a software comes out and features that we count on are not there anymore, it makes it useless.

I'm sorry but I don't believe in software being completely useless without one certain feature.

D

Deleted member 30350

Just because it makes it useless for one person doesn't mean it's useless globally. I just stated what it means to me personally (which obviously doesn't - and shouldn't, unless there were 500 of us - matter, but that's perfectly fine).