Scene-Specific time delays

TGDM

I'm not a big streamer or anything right now, but I can definitely see the use of this feature.

Right now, the stream delay works amazing and I love it (for protecting against ghosting), but in between matches for the game I play I'd like the option to be able to chat (over the stream) to people asking questions in the channel.

So how I envision it working:

My current Scene setup is
* Pause Screen (a)
* Game client (b)
* In-game (c)

For in-game, I'm going to always want that 2 minute delay. I can go with or without it during the game client screen, so I'd add another Scene titled Game Client Delayed (d). So c and d are my delayed Scenes.

When I switch from (b) to (c) or (d), Scene (a) will come up for however long the delay is set to. When I switch from (c) or (d) to (b), Scene (a) will come up until the transition to real time is ready.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Please do not bump your own threads like this. This would be a very complicated feature to implement, and I don't think it should be considered high priority.

The delay is a big stream buffer, you would have to wait for however many minutes you've set it to before you could "switch" to realtime, and then once you're done chatting, the buffer would have to be refilled to activate the delay again, and people would have to wait just as long once your match starts before they could start receiving new stream data.

TGDM

But at the same time, if someone plans to run ads during their stream they can just do that in the switch periods.

Streamers can always interact real time with chat, too, so this functionality would probably be better for a winding down period. ie after playing a few matches of LoL, before you stop streaming, you could transition into real time to answer questions.