Scene/source toggle on hotkey?

vedranius

Hi all!
So, I need an ability to switch source ON and OFF when I press the hotkey.
The hotkey needs to be the same, as for example - "O" for ON, and "O" for OFF, not some other key for OFF...

The problem is when in League of Legends I need to turn off the scoreboard and hide in the same time overlay/source cameras I can't.

Also, I tried with scene switching, but it seems when I'm in game, OBS doesn't get the key input because I'm not in it.

There aren't a hotkey settings for image, which makes this even harder to do.

Any ideas what I can do?

Or also if you have a another solution outside of OBS how can I put the overlay ON, and when I press "O" key my overlay turns OFF and vice versa?

Thank you!

paibox

heros in an halfshel
The plugins forum is not for feature requests, I've moved your post to feedback and suggestions.

Scene switching should work for what you want to do, but depending on your system setup you may need to run OBS as administrator for the hotkeys to get caught properly.

vedranius

paibox said:
The plugins forum is not for feature requests, I've moved your post to feedback and suggestions.

Scene switching should work for what you want to do, but depending on your system setup you may need to run OBS as administrator for the hotkeys to get caught properly.
Thank you for replying and moving the thread here :)

I tried it, and yes, it works, but the problem is that I can't set it as toggle, press "O" once it's ON, press "O" again it's OFF, I can only set it up as scene 1 "O", scene 2 "SHIFT+O", which is complicated for comentator to be fast and actually realize if it is turned on or off...

Also, how would you set OBS to go out to another PC through HDMI cable as output? Or that's not possible?

I'm not sure how guys from Riot on LCS tournaments do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 1o#t=2191s
Hide game's scoreboard and overlay from some streaming software in same time?
What do you guys think, is this a feature of some streaming software, is this the hardware feature, like one keyboard for 2 PCs, one for commentators PC, and one for streaming? Or?

Thank you, and I hope someone can suggest me how to do this. ;)