Scene Buttons or Icons

StanfromIBF

Hi developers,

Thank you very much for creating such a wonderful tool.

I have a suggestion for a possible feature: While using OBS Studio as a portal for general streaming works really well, I use it mostly for (serious) Zoom Meetings and discussions. To this end, I often use multiple scenes. What I am wondering is this:

Would it not be better to have a row of (size-adjustable) "scene icons"(based on scene content) at the top of the screen (near where your camera may be), that you can click on to change scenes without having to break eye contact by too much to look for buttons on your keyboard, the scene column on the bottom left, or another device on youor desk?

I often run OBS, a Browser and (perhaps) a Powerpoint Presentation. This means that I cannot use key commands unless I first click ON OBS (to activate it). Since I am clicking there anyway - why not just ratherhave "scene buttons" at the top, to allow me to switch scenes more easily?

This would allow you to use your mouse to swap scenes without having to break eye contact (much) with your audience.

I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback, in this regard.

Keep up the great work!

qhobbes

You can right-click in the Scene dock, select Grid Mode, drag the dock to the top or pop out into a window. You can use emojis in the scene names to make it look more like a button and/or icon. Put text in scene names in all caps.

_AgentCobra

Invest in a stream deck or a tablet and run stream link software and link all the scenes to touch screen buttons. Most streamers do this, I do and once I hit the start stream, I run the whole obs from hotkeys and stream deck.

Funkybassman

Invest in a stream deck or a tablet and run stream link software and link all the scenes to touch screen buttons. Most streamers do this, I do and once I hit the start stream, I run the whole obs from hotkeys and stream deck.
looking fore this 'Stream Link' software you mentioned can you point me in the right direction