Scene Audio Mixer

Oshi7

Hi,

Currently I have a dual cast stream, with two Avermedia LGHD cards capturing the point of view of 2 computers. I would love to use the capture cards as a global source, so scene switching becomes smoother, but sadly the problem is that the audio during Picture-in-Picture cannot be altered per scene.

What would be very helpful is the ability to have scene specific mixers, that let me choose which audio sources are playing in each scene.

Not sure how plausible this is (or even possible) but it would be a great feature for adjusting different audio sources in a single frame without having to have them as separate instances per scene.

Thanks!

Krazy

Town drunk
Does the "Output audio to stream only" option in the capture card source not accomplish this? Or does making the capture card a Global Source with that option activated make it always play audio?

Oshi7

Well, I have picture-in-picture... two captures cards, both on display at once on stream. We swap between who has the main screen or not depending on whats going on, sometimes I'll have my screen big, and the other is in the corner, sometimes the other way around. If I edit one so that its mute, since its a global source, it'll be muted on both.

A mixer for each scene would help a lot. Deciding which elements audio gets outputted on each scene, without having to edit the properties of the element.

dacoder

Oshi7 said:
Well, I have picture-in-picture... two captures cards, both on display at once on stream. We swap between who has the main screen or not depending on whats going on, sometimes I'll have my screen big, and the other is in the corner, sometimes the other way around. If I edit one so that its mute, since its a global source, it'll be muted on both.

A mixer for each scene would help a lot. Deciding which elements audio gets outputted on each scene, without having to edit the properties of the element.

So you are saying: scene controlled audio, rather than object controlled audio? I am all for this, means keeping global sources and gives a more professional feel to OBS. TBH, unless you are switching cameras, the object audio feature is kinda pointless, especially because anyone who is switching cameras is probably using scenes, which means this feature would be usable there too!

Oshi7

Yeah, this is a feature I need to make OBS work how I need it to work, at least to make my stream smooth. I'm not sure how possible it is, but being able to adjust the audio of global objects scene-to-scene would allow for so much more customization, especially since the global audio slider bar above the buttons doesn't effect audio capture from objects (like capture cards).