Question / Help Save Scenes to file?

TravisEpic

I've been recommending OBS to all my friends even though I know some other streaming software already have this type of feature. I tried googling and using the search feature on the forums, but I couldn't find any information on saving the scene information to a file. I'm asking cause I enjoy making layouts for friends, and this would be very helpful as I wouldn't have to do a step-by-step with them via skype. So if there is such a feature would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction?

-Thanks Travis

mikeva

Travis...I recommend doing this..it's what I do.
Make a copy of that scene.xconfig file. Rename the copied file to what you want. Now you basically have 2 files the same. When you load OBS...you can do what ever it is you need to do, change, update, test etc. When you close obs, it should save your changes. Here's why I do this....I stream racing games..each are different...I have one for Papyrus, another for Rfactor...so I have 3 config files. Depending on which one I want OBS to load i copy all that info into the main scene file. If I just say streamed Papyrus...and now I want to do rfactor...I will open my rfactor config file..choose edit-select all...and copy....now I will open the main scene.xconfig file..edit-select all..then hit the delete key on keayboard..all that text is gone..now I hit the control+V key together and paste in all the info from my rfactor config file..now exit and save the scene.xconfig file. Now when I load obs..all my rfactor stuff is ready to go. Plus it's like having a backup also. I can change my scenes from one to another in like 15 seconds...normally takes longer to navigate to the roaming obs folder than it does to make the changes..lol.

Now you can send the scenes you make to your friends and have them reverse the procedure..open the file you send, edit-select all then copy, open thier main scene file, edit-select all--hit delete key, then control+V keys and save.
Now they need all the things you have in your scene and in the same locations etc for this to work.