Question / Help Salvage broken .flv file

Seastone

Hello, several days ago i streamed painting process and tried recording it for the first time (to make a time lapse later). Stream lasted quite a bit time, so recording became quite huge (2,89 gb, 20fps, 1152х720).
When i tried watching it later player (vlc, quicktime, MPlayerX, etc) showed right duration (5:39:08), but actually played it only for one hour and 29 minutes.
I tried reencoding flv file, but in the end video lasted only for 1:29 anyway. I even extracted .264 file from the flv container and repacked it into other without reencoding. The same 1:29, but file size decreased from 2.89 gb to 669 mb.
I am at the wits' end. Is there really any way to salvage this video data, or is it completely broken and lost?
There is log file from that stream:

Attachments

• 2014-10-29 20-45-14.txt
    139.2 KB · Views: 16

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
FLV files do not technically get broken, if they get cut off unexpectedly they should always be salvageable. I'd probably have to see the file myself, but I probably can't really do that. There's little we can do to "ix a file for you if something did break. FFmpeg should be able to preserve all the content when converting.

I feel like there would probably be something else going wrong with the fie. did you run out of hard disk space perhaps, preventing it from writing to the end?

Also I have not tested really super large files yet.