Question / Help Safari on mac, hd greyed out

swe-obs900

I have done som testing at home to try and make HD live video in facebook work at least on 720. I read that they (FB) went back and forth a bit regarding allowing 1080p or not.
Anyway, for some reason it seems kind of impossible for me to publish the stream in safari in hd.
Firefox and chrome have a selection of quality up to 720 on the same videos but the checkbox for hd in safari is greyed out
I can watch other peoples hd content in safari, some seem to have it, some dont. Perhaps depending on their preference.
I want 720. I have about 4-500mbit upload and download speed. I just bought a new macbook with 4gb videocard
Same thing anyhow I upload to youtube with the live function, it shows up to 720 selectable quality when the stream runs active, then it goes back to hd being greyed out and the quality is really blurry in safari. One day later same thing, no hd in safari, all other browsers show 720p.
I tried OBS, wirecast, livedesk app for mac and directly via the browser logged in to facebook, seems like facebook does not like my live feed.
if I stream with my iphone on the same network it immediately shows as hd and stays with the hd checkbox that I can check and uncheck as normal even after the live stream is finished.
on my mac I tried logitech c920, hdmi via sony external camera, internal camera in the laptop screen.
No hd in safari.
Latest osx, latest safari, I try 720, 1080p all kinds of encoders and resolutions and bitrates, nothing seems to work.
Has anyone solved this?

swe-obs900

Is it just me or does anyone else have problems showing your own live stream content from facebook in HD in safari, on Mac after the livestream has ended? My content only stays in HD when uploaded from the ios app.

swe-obs900

yep.
Problem only in safari.
It is really a shame. I can send 1080p, 4k, 8k or whatever to my facebook page comfortable from my computer on wired internet with extremely high up/down broadband and it wont even display HD after the feed is saved.
When I run around with my shitty iphone on the street on 3g it displays HD all the time in all browsers.

swe-obs900

I tried all kinds of upload programs, wirecast, obs, livedesk, ecamm live, etc.. same problem, never HD in safari om mac.

TFE

I am seeing this same issue. I can get Safari to run HD in Develop mode then User Agent Firefox HD replays in Safari. Why not otherwise?

TFE

SOLUTION (or so I believe): Use Chrome (or Firefox?), not Safari, to make the connection when going live. I have not had time to test this extensively, but I just went live using OBS via Chrome, instead of Safari (which I normally use), and the playback was HD in all browsers – including Safari. Could others of you please check and report back here. Thanks!

Ningishzida

SOLUTION (or so I believe): Use Chrome (or Firefox?), not Safari, to make the connection when going live. I have not had time to test this extensively, but I just went live using OBS via Chrome, instead of Safari (which I normally use), and the playback was HD in all browsers – including Safari. Could others of you please check and report back here. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but this does not work...

I've been streaming LIVE from Chrome constantly, and I'm still having this problem in Safari, even with Ecamm!

The issue must be with Safari alone...