S-Video Capture for video capture device

deandip

Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to capture S-Video from a video capture device. Please consider making this possible.
edit: I have a Video 2 PC capture device which has both composite and s-video inputs. No composite video imput is connected.
edit again: Thanks for the replies and suggestion pailbox and it seems the pin selection is something Jim already listed as being medium priority for what he's working on.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
I've had no issues capturing S-Video from the two capture devices I have, an AVerMedia h727 (PCIe) and a Terratec G3 (USB). Typically, the capture device will switch to the input that has signal, so make sure you don't have anything outputting something over composite when you're wanting to capture S-Video.

deandip

paibox said:
I've had no issues capturing S-Video from the two capture devices I have, an AVerMedia h727 (PCIe) and a Terratec G3 (USB). Typically, the capture device will switch to the input that has signal, so make sure you don't have anything outputting something over composite when you're wanting to capture S-Video.
Nothing is broadcasted over composite, and with any program I use to get the S-Video screen, it has to be configured in the program to capture S-Video instead of composite. I'm using a Video 2 PC (USB) capture device.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
While manual video and audio pin selection for DirectShow capture devices is something that is likely to be implemented at some point for devices with broken drivers such as this one, I unfortunately can't give you an ETA or anything like that. My suggestion for now would be to window capture the output from the device in an application that does support manual video pin selection.