Question / Help Ryzen 1800x livestream quality?

prostreamer

Please help suggest ways to make livestream quality better. I'm not using any custom x264 preset at the moment but willing to try any.
"Slow" is the slowest preset i can use without having major frame drop. (kinda disappointed in 1800x not able to do better).

please check attached pictures for computer stats and settings.
1800x is ov erclocked to 3.95Ghz with B350M gaming pro. (the cheapest mobo u can get for a ryzen 1800x)

https://www.twitch.tv/openarenalive

Attachments

• obs2.PNG
    obs2.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 39
  • obs1.PNG
    obs1.PNG
    55.3 KB · Views: 41
  • hwmonitor2.PNG
    hwmonitor2.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 36
  • hwmonitor1.PNG
    hwmonitor1.PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 26
  • gpuz2.PNG
    gpuz2.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 25
  • gpuz1.PNG
    gpuz1.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 24
  • taskmanager.PNG
    taskmanager.PNG
    67 KB · Views: 28
  • specs.PNG
    specs.PNG
    51.7 KB · Views: 32
  • ryzen oc.PNG
    ryzen oc.PNG
    80.1 KB · Views: 31
  • obs3.PNG
    obs3.PNG
    58.8 KB · Views: 30

BK-Morpheus

There is only one way to improve image Quality while sticking to the bitrate and that is reducing stream frame rate or resolution.
First of all preset "slow" is extremely demanding on the CPU (especially compared to "very fast"), so you should not be disappointed from the 1800x.
Next thing is that picture-wise the difference between very fast and slow is not nearly as huge, as I had hoped. Very Fast ist the best balance between CPU load and quality. I can see the difference between very fast and slow, but it is almost negligible, although the CPU load is way higher.

So in conclusion, with the given video dimensions (720p 60fps) and 4500kbit/s Bitrate you can't improve what you already get out of it.
I would to try 30fp, as it will lead to less pixelation / less blur in motion.

People overhype 60fps for streams.
Of course it is smoother (which is nice for shooter/fast games) but viewers don't have the high frame time and input lag which you would have when playing in 30fps. That's the reason why 30fps for viewers is not as bad as it sounds.
Smooth 60fps footage is nice, but there is no benefit if you're in an action based, fast game and your viewers will just see a smooth but blurry mess.

prostreamer

You are correct. increasing bitrate to 5000 kbps seem to improve quality drastically. although I cannot use 5000kbps all the time so its at 4000 unless there is an important event then i bumbp it to 5000.
Maybe with a newer router I could maintain 5000 at all times without internet crashing.

---Solved---