Ryse son of Rome fps drop while recording with obs

Fitey

using 100,000Mbps as the bitrate is sooooper overkill and lowering it will decrease the quality but it's already so high so the difference will barely be noticeable

try changing the recording format to mp4

if your fps only drops while recording, then it's simple - your hardware isn't good enough to record at the settings you're using

you have to lower your settings

the Ryzen 7 1700 isn't the best (but it's not that bad either) and the RX 580 is decent but the H264 and H265 encoder also aren't the best and combining that with the not so great CPU means that you will definitely have to lower your settings

that's all I can think of

agenthunk

using 100,000Mbps as the bitrate is sooooper overkill and lowering it will decrease the quality but it's already so high so the difference will barely be noticeable

if your fps only drops while recording, then it's simple - your hardware isn't good enough to record at the settings you're using

the Ryzen 7 1700 isn't the best (but it's not that bad either) and the RX 580 is decent but the H264 and H265 encoder also aren't the best and combining that with the not so great CPU means that you will definitely have to lower your settings

did you even bother to read the latest post I made and the changes I used?I mentioned that I was able to get it to work ,but ryse is being sluggish when I'm only running ryse...I usually get a 60 fps with vsync....but it is dropping down to 38-40ish fps.I got Rome 2 to run smooth while recording...
just look at the logfile.

Im using radeon 19.12.1 since the 2020 edition has broken the freesync features for my model,I'm not the only owner out there complaining about it.
in the meantime,I am waiting on AMD to look into the issue and fix it since they replied back.

and I am stuck with old driver for now on.

Fitey

did you even bother to read the latest post I made and the changes I used?I mentioned that I was able to get it to work ,but ryse is being sluggish when I'm only running ryse...I usually get a 60 fps with vsync....but it is dropping down to 38-40ish fps.I got Rome 2 to run smooth while recording...
just look at the logfile.

Im using radeon 19.12.1 since the 2020 edition has broken the freesync features for my model,I'm not the only owner out there complaining about it.
in the meantime,I am waiting on AMD to look into the issue and fix it since they replied back.

and I am stuck with old driver for now on.
I did read it but there were like 5 different posts and I had to keep switching between something else so it was hard to understand

idk how else to help sowwy

agenthunk

Yeah I understand what your saying.
However,I have posted links to youtube videos of gameplays I did with this machine at those settings before, last year and this year ,right up until it died feb.10th.
I am sure it was similar to what I have selected as the settings I posted and you read.I will just keep experimenting...Eventually I will find it...
If I could do it june of last year until feb. of 2020 I can do it again...

I suspect the drivers are culprit as they are 7 months old.

agenthunk

I just tested Aliens Colonial Marines with obs and game settings were maxxed.
Success
ACM test setting.PNG

Attachments

• 2020-07-27 14-40-35.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 2

agenthunk

I tested BC2 and Attila total war as well as re2 and re3 and it seem ok with the recording.I could not see if the fluctuating fps may be due to the older radeon 19.12.1 drivers but,I suspect it could be.only to re2 and re3,occasional fps drops but the fps would go back up to 60 fps.
I also noticed the odler games were much better play during recording.

I also saw that maybe the newer games may need the 20.4.1 driver.
here are the logfiles:

I think I found stability.

anyone care to inspect the Report?

Attachments

• 2020-07-27 15-08-13.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2020-07-27 18-15-35.txt
    27.6 KB · Views: 3

Fitey

I don't really know what most of the stuff in the log files mean cuz I only joined the forums like a month ago so I can't really help with that

if you're getting higher fps with older games then that makes sense cuz older games are usually less demanding

agenthunk

I don't really know what most of the stuff in the log files mean cuz I only joined the forums like a month ago so I can't really help with that

if you're getting higher fps with older games then that makes sense cuz older games are usually less demanding
I found the right settings to be able to record any game so far with the H265 encoder.....using a Rx580 4gb in my GL702ZC.
Took alot of time trial and error.but I got it.