RX550 ENCODER FOR OBS ISSUE PLEASE HELP!

dragonpiper369

so i have RX550 4gb and ryzen 5 2400g, and when i stream it will lag so much! in video encoder i chose AMD HW H264 (AVC) and it lags so much... but in x264 everything is fine.. just wanna know why is that thank you!

koala

This GPU has not very high performance. Its hardware encoder uses 3D computing resources, so by using it, you're lowering the performance available to the thing you intend to record even more. There is not really a solution. Turn down the graphics settings of the thing you record, or use x264, which will use up CPU resources instead of GPU resources. Reduce resolution, make sure vsync is activated, limit the fps to 60 or 30.

dragonpiper369

This GPU has not very high performance. Its hardware encoder uses 3D computing resources, so by using it, you're lowering the performance available to the thing you intend to record even more. There is not really a solution. Turn down the graphics settings of the thing you record, or use x264, which will use up CPU resources instead of GPU resources. Reduce resolution, make sure vsync is activated, limit the fps to 60 or 30.
yo man.. thank you so much.. it clears everything in my head.. its a problem for me.. thank you so much!