Running a USB webcam into an HDMI port via adapters?

jackpharaoh

Hello Im trying to run two external webcams into my laptop that only has one USB port. Even with the use of high powered USB 3.0 HUB I cannot get OBS to show video data from both cameras at the same time. Ive messed around with all my computers USB/power/performance settings with no change. It seems that the single USB port itself is being overloaded with data...

Although, My computer has a spare HDMI port not being used, im wondering if I buy a USB to HDMI converter and hook it up to a female to female USB, to the webcam, will it work properly..?

So the chain being from USB webcam to USB female to female coupler, then connected to HDMI to USB converter, then connect an HDMI cable from my computer to the USB to HDMI converter.

before i go buying all these cables i want to know if this even makes sense or has a chance of working...I would appreciate your input, thank you :)

im a noob at live streaming and to this software so please excuse my level of ignorance

andy tzeng

Hello Im trying to run two external webcams into my laptop that only has one USB port. Even with the use of high powered USB 3.0 HUB I cannot get OBS to show video data from both cameras at the same time. Ive messed around with all my computers USB/power/performance settings with no change. It seems that the single USB port itself is being overloaded with data...

Although, My computer has a spare HDMI port not being used, im wondering if I buy a USB to HDMI converter and hook it up to a female to female USB, to the webcam, will it work properly..?

So the chain being from USB webcam to USB female to female coupler, then connected to HDMI to USB converter, then connect an HDMI cable from my computer to the USB to HDMI converter.

before i go buying all these cables i want to know if this even makes sense or has a chance of working...I would appreciate your input, thank you :)

im a noob at live streaming and to this software so please excuse my level of ignorance

Turn usb webcam into HDMI TV output.
UVC WEBCAM to HDMI adapter

https://youtu.be/nc8isXkFknk

20200309_101349.jpg