Running 20-30 instances of OBS

stanisbouts

Hi guys,

My problem is as follows:

I want to have multiple camera-inputs, for example, 15, and I want to have 20-30 stream outputs that can all switch between these input-scenes separately. How the scenes will switch is not the issue right now. What I would like to know is if it is possible to run this many instances of obs and how powerful the server will have to be.

I hope this explains it well enough.

kurufu

You should probably pay someone for a nice video switcher and stand up 5-20 computers running OBS.

walterav1984

Hi @stanisbouts achieving multiple simultanious outputs like this from different sources can be possible with OBS-Studio using the "obs-ndi" plugin from Palakis, however you may need to test performance wise if your system is capable. Because of NDI design these streams will also be available on local lan but I guess that will be limited to around 5-10 streams if you have gigabit network because of the bitrate of the streams.

Don't use the NDI output of the "preview / & program" window because that will give you only 1 or 2 outputs, use a "ndi-filter" on each camera source (not sure if they have to be in different scenes though)!

BTW how are your camera's connected, USB, Blackmagic Decklink/Intensity, Ethernet, Firewire?