Question / Help Run OBS interface on low resolution monitor?

jag88

Hello I am building a raspberry pi4 B based streaming station for streaming some art on twitch and youtube. This is just part of the overall stream environment, I will be using the PI HQ cam with a c-mount lens on the pi 4 then ouputting that camera feed from the OBS instance on the Pi to the OBS instance on my desktop PC using the NDI plugin.

However I have run into a bit of a snag... The stream will be in 1600x900 at 6mbps bitrate (max for non-partnered twitch streaming), however the little 5in touch screen I am using as the "viewfinder" for the pi 4 rig is only 800x480. I went ahead and set the canvas and output to 1600x900 (although I also tried the native resolution of 800x480 for both) this doesnt seem to change the interface size which is good, I dont want it to change with the canvas size as I need that to be 1600x900 anyway). But even set to the native res the interface is outside the bounds of the screen cutting off important controls in OBS.

TL;DR Is it possible to force the OBS interface to display within the bounds of a 800x480 display while still outputting video at 1600x900?

phcorrigan

[QUOTE="jIs it possible to force the OBS interface to display within the bounds of a 800x480 display while still outputting video at 1600x900?
[/QUOTE]
I have a similar issue. I'm broadcasting using a webcam at 1080P and using a 1080P monitor. Unfortunately, I don't get to view the entire broadcast frame.

phcorrigan

[QUOTE="jIs it possible to force the OBS interface to display within the bounds of a 800x480 display while still outputting video at 1600x900?
I have a similar issue. I'm broadcasting using a webcam at 1080P and using a 1080P monitor. Unfortunately, I don't get to view the entire broadcast frame.
[/QUOTE]
Never mind. I finally figured it out. Right-click on the preview, select "Preview Scaling," then select "Scale to window."