Run Ad button/hotkey

Oshi7

Would it be possible to include a "Run Ad" button, including a hotkey option? This would be absolutely incredibly for partners, meaning we wouldn't have to run games in windowed mode and constantly alt+tab to run ads during intermissions. This can be done by sending the /commercial command in the chatroom.

Oshi7

Whilst that is a good program, but having it built into the software and simplified would be excellent and I can promise you that myself and multiple other twitch partners would use and promote this program over xsplit or ffsplit any day with that function. Also, whilst the auto-hotkey software is good, it isn't drastically more efficient than my current method.

Grimio

Yes, it is possible. But it's a lot of work for a small gain. Also, the twitch.tv dashboard is pretty good.

Oshi7

Grimio said:
Yes, it is possible. But it's a lot of work for a small gain. Also, the twitch.tv dashboard is pretty good.
I guess. I've spoken to a few twitch partners so far and we've all agreed a hotkey to run an ad would almost certainly make xsplit a forgotten application.

Grimio

I don't really see a benefit of having to switch to OBS instead of the dashboard to push the ad button. If anything, there is a disadvantage of the missing chat.

EDIT: Ah, I missed the hotkey part. Sorry.
Still, it is a lot of work as the devs need to authenticate through the twitch JSON api which also requires a "client secret", and I don't know how to implement that easily in an open source application.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This will be available as part of the update to allow for service APIs, it requires some design changes so it may be a while.