RTX 3090: Preview and Program windows only display 1/4 screens [solved]

XR Nerd

It might be because I'm using an RTX 3090, but the Program and Preview screens only displayed the top-left quarter screens. The output seems fine however. The problem only occurred after upgrading to OBS v28.0.1.

To resolve this, I had to change Settings -> Advanced -> Video -> Renderer from Direct3D to OpenGL. (Note: The OpenGL option will only become available in the drop-down by adding the "--allow-opengl" command line option.)

I hope this helps.
Cheers

XR Nerd

It might be because I'm using an RTX 3090, but the Program and Preview screens only displayed the top-left quarter screens. The output seems fine however. The problem only occurred after upgrading to OBS v28.0.1.

To resolve this, I had to change Settings -> Advanced -> Video -> Renderer from Direct3D to OpenGL. (Note: The OpenGL option will only become available in the drop-down by adding the "--allow-opengl" command line option.)

I hope this helps.
Cheers
BTW, I hope there's a better fix that will allow me to use the Direct3D API, because the OpenGL API crashes OBS when used with NVIDIA's Background Removal filter. :o)