RTMP server sent an invalid ssl certificate

Junaid.9100

hello
i was trying to go live on facebook using obs studio but it wouldnt let me. and giving me this option. The RTMP Server sent an invalid sll certificate. please somebody help me what to do with it or how to fix it

.norman.

double check all of your streaming settings. in this case the RTMP server would be the FB live server. if it sent an invalid certificate then it is likely a FB issue or there is a problem with your streaming settings (ie: address, stream key, etc.)

wisdom C

i was trying to go live on facebook using obs studio but it wouldnt let me. and giving me this option. The RTMP Server sent an invalid sll certificate. please somebody help me what to do with it or how to fix it because the issue is still occuring

hillbillycarl

I am having the same issue. Here is what is in my log file
16:48:11.778: ---------------------------------
16:48:11.779: [FFmpeg aac encoder: 'adv_stream_aac'] bitrate: 128, channels: 2, channel_layout: stereo
16:48:11.779:
16:48:11.780: Output 'adv_stream': 20 second delay active, preserve on disconnect is on
16:48:31.779: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
16:48:31.783: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Binding to IPv4
16:48:31.825: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #2 (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
16:48:31.928: RTMP_Connect1, Cert verify failed: 8 (The certificate is not correctly signed by the trusted CA)
16:48:31.928: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
16:48:31.928: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 0
16:48:31.928: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 4
16:48:31.928: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -2
16:48:31.931: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

Vine

I had the same challenge with edge browser but after i have changed to a Chrome all went well and am happy now. Log in your credentials to a different browser.

JP1971

Hi, I also have the same problem, Failed to connect to server, The RTMP server sent an invalid SSL certificate.

roxneox5

Hi, I also have the same problem, Failed to connect to server, The RTMP server sent an invalid SSL certificate. please solve the problem

abidh5121472

Hello, I also have the same problem, Failed to connect to server, The RTMP server sent an invalid SSL certificate.
Please Help me. My Name is Abid Hussaian. My Whatsapp 0092230425049. I try the same URL & Streaming Key But Not Solve the issue.

DCProud

Me three. I was supposed to livestream a memorial service and had to abandon OBS and use my phone to stream the service because of this.

Angry Spam

I had this and cracked it.
It was a relatively fresh install of windows 10 on a laptop which was set up with multiple user accounts. So I did everything else that was obvious first:
1) Check date and time
2) Do all windows updates.

The issue turned out to be a lack of relevant Certificates of Authenticity, so I forced the computer to download and install the right ones from Windows Update by doing the following: (taken from https://support.microfocus.com/kb/kmdoc.php?id=KM03573386)
  1. Open a cmd prompt as admin
  2. Navigate to a folder somewhere, i.e C:\Temp
  3. Type: CertUtil –generateSSTFromWU Rootstore.sst
  4. Current root certificates updates will download and write to the file "Rootstore.sst"
  5. Click Start>Run. Alternatively click windows keyboard button + R
  6. Type: certmgr.msc - this opens the certificate manager
  7. Right click on the item "Trusted Root Certification Authorities
  8. Select All Tasks>Import
  9. Click Next
  10. Click "Browse", change the file type in the lower right selection drop-down to "All Files"
  11. Navigate to the location .sst file obtained from the previous set of steps and select the file
  12. Click Next
  13. Specify the radio item "Place all certificates in the following store. "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" should be specified
  14. Click Next, Click Finish - Note: It is necessary to click "Yes" very many times (or just keep your finger pressed on "y"), each for every certificate which resides in the .sst file.
  15. Repeat steps 1-10 except specify the "Trusted Publishers" container for Steps 3 and 9
And bingo... OBS now worked. I did have to do this for each account set up on the laptop though because it only downloads the CA files locally.