RTC Timecode Generator

RTC Timecode Generator v1.01

spessoni

spessoni submitted a new resource:

RTC Timecode Generator - Generate timecode (HH:MM:SS:FF) for a text source, based on the computer's RTC (Real-Time Clock)

OBS RTC Timecode Generator for Text Sources

Generate timecode (HH:MM:SS:FF) for a text source based on the computers RTC (Real-Time Clock)

RTC TCG Script Logo

Tips:
  • Synchronize your computer's clock with an internet time server.
  • Enable "Update when not in program" only if needed. Otherwise, keep it disabled to lower the CPU load
  • A...

Read more about this resource...

as_sk

Generate timecode (HH:MM:SS:FF) for a text source, based on the computer's RTC (Real-Time Clock)[/plain]

Hi! Excellent work!

Does script called for every frame ? I tried to record 60fps video and it seems output file has frames with equal labels.

Is it possible to add an option to store timestamps for every frame to text file ?

And last but not least question, is it possible to use timer with milliseconds resolution ?

Thanks!

spessoni

Hey! Thanks for the feedback:
  1. The script does has a function that is called every frame unless you did not check the show frames checkbox. Is your CPU maxed out when you run with frames on? Im trying to think of reasons there may be duplicated frame numbers. Is it consistantly the same numbers or random?

2. Regarding storing timestamps, what are you thinking with this? Everytime the source is displayed, log the timecode?

3. The script is written in LUA and I don't think the time function has millisecond resolution. :(

icecreamman

this is really interesting, have you any method or development for jamming external timecode instead of using the system's internal clock?

dukaja

Hi! I use OBS frequently to watch shows with my audience. Obviously, I cannot show the shows due to copyright, so i instead offer a "Watch along" uncut feature on my patreon. This meaning, I press play on a show and a viewer of mine will sync up their own personal copy of the media based upon a TIMECODE i put on the screen (done in premiere pro).

What I want to do is eliminate the hassle of exporting premiere projects, just to sync up the timecode. Instead, I'd like to see if this script could be made so that every time I hit play on any movie/show, etc.. the time code will automatically start to count up in OBS (either from 0.00, or any number that i set it's inital value to). Additionally, every time i hit pause in OBS, the timecode will stop where it is until i hit play again.

Does this make sense, and would it be doable? In my head, this seems like a pretty simple thing to create, but I lack coding knowledge to do so. Let me know if you could help!