Roxio Game Capture HD Pro + OBS

ViezeLolly

Kan ik mijn Roxio Game Capture HD Pro direct als video capture-apparaat gebruiken in OBS?

Als het kan, Hoe moet ik het dan instellen?

Is er een ETA voor wanneer de Roxio Game Capture HD Pro word ondersteund?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The roxio will be made to work with OBS, but the output of the roxio is encoded so it's not easy. This goes for most USB devices currently.

bigaust

Jim said:
The roxio will be made to work with OBS, but the output of the roxio is encoded so it's not easy. This goes for most USB devices currently.

Awesome to see that you guys are going to get the Roxio to work for OBS! It's a cheap HDMI capture card that it seems like everyone is getting.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm going to buy a roxio, when I get around to finally getting to the god forsaken directshow code fixed I'm going to add HD PVR 1/2 and roxio.

It's taking me forever because adding it to the current code revision would be a waste, so it's better to just wait until after the newer code revision to implement them both.

qjoxekyf

So I was recently able to stream via OBS while using the Roxio GAMECAP Capture Card, but for some reason when I try to do the same thing now, the Window Capture in my scene appears dark (not solid black). When I slide the OBS window over the Roxio window it behaves very strangely and the preview is transparent so that the video behind it shows through, however none of this appears on the stream. Any idea why it worked before and has stopped working now?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I.. admittedly don't quite know. I'd have to see a screenshot or vod of what you mean specifically

Elrinth

Hi!
I've also got a roxio game capture hd pro and when I try to stream it, it only looks like this:
roxio%20game%20cap.png

there's not really many settings to change, and changing the ones which are changable doesn't help.

Has some kind of support been added for this yet or am I trying too early?

Before I left roxio's own capture program running and I snagged an area from that and upscaled it, but it's not really the greatest solution. I know xsplit does support roxio game capture hd, but I'm having troubles with audio on that one instead :D

Elrinth

ok cool thanx for the info. I think I saw in another thread there is planned support for special devices when the ui is finished.
When I try to window capture in latest version it's just capturing the background and not the actual video in the window.
Monitor capture won't work either.