Question / Help Rotate webcam image?

Jack Decker

I want to rotate the webcam image in OBS Studio. I have a Logitech c920 that only does landscape mode. If I physically rotate the camera on its side (90 degrees), it is essentially portrait mode on its side. Now I just need OBS Studio to rotate that image. Is there a way in OBS Studio to then rotate that image 90 degrees? In searching for this topic, someone said you cannot do that in OBS Classic but can in OBS Studio BUT then didn't tell how to do just that. Can someone tell me please?

Now I found under "Edit" > "Transform" > "Rotate 90 degrees CW" and "Rotate 90 degrees CCW". But when clicking on them, nothing happened to the image.

gewone

It would be cool if we could get a free hand rotation feature, i.e. like image editors has, that when you're holding the mouse slightly below the image corner grab-to-resize thingie, you can freely rotate the item to speech. I had a little situation today when I could have used this for a presentation. Guess it would be fairly easy to implement.

gewone

Thanks for your suggestion. I successfully installed the StreamFX plugin.
However, it don't seem to give me any free rotation.

gewone

You can use the 3d transform to rotate. Kind of a sledgehammer tool for this purpose, but it will get the job done.

Thanks! The 3D Transform is a part of the StreamFX, right? Like I said, I have it installed, but I don't see anything about it in the OBS? The images I pull into my "work area" is still just "shapable" in terms of size, no way to rotate them. Maybe I expressed myself clumsy from the get-go, my scenario isn't exactly such as OP. I'm only messing around with small images (png, jpeg) on my "dashboard", and would like to be able to offline record when I resize and also freely rotate them. Am I missing some menu / function or is what I'm after not possible in OBS?

carlmmii

Yes, 3d transform is a feature that is added with StreamFX... definitely not part of standard OBS. If you don't have that showing up as a filter, then that probably means you did not properly install the plugin.