Resizing window

rmunson1

The redbox around my window allows me to pick a corner (or side) to drag and resize the recording. But, it does not matter whether I grab a corner (and drag/resize) or a side (both resize the WHOLE window uniformly). A feature that would be really appealing is one that allowed a side to essentially crop your window rather than proportionally resize. 2 attachments will hopefully show my problem. If I could crop to achieve the image of the second screen in the width of the first screen, it would be ideal.
Screenshot 2021-11-22 083944.jpg
image_2021-11-22_084150.png

GeeMack

The redbox around my window allows me to pick a corner (or side) to drag and resize the recording. [...] If I could crop to achieve the image of the second screen in the width of the first screen, it would be ideal.

Hold the ALT key down while dragging one of the control handles to crop the source in any direction. Also, right-click on the source, click on Transform, and click on Edit Transform. There you can make adjustment to the dimensions in any direction.

The redbox around my window allows me to pick a corner (or side) to drag and resize the recording. But, it does not matter whether I grab a corner (and drag/resize) or a side (both resize the WHOLE window uniformly). A feature that would be really appealing is one that allowed a side to essentially crop your window rather than proportionally resize. 2 attachments will hopefully show my problem. If I could crop to achieve the image of the second screen in the width of the first screen, it would be ideal.View attachment 77280If I'm understanding you correctly I think you want to press a key and mouse click combination that would allow you to resize your window to whatever proportion you want. You want to crop out things you don't want in the picture. On a Mac I press option while dragging the left, right, top or bottom to whatever I want to crop/resize it to. The part that you want to resize turns green then you can resize it to what you would like manually. It will crop out what you don't want to your left, right etc....Unless you are requesting that it is automatic, but at this point it's not. On a PC it is similar, but I forget the key you press while dragging the mouse to resize/cop combination you need to do. Good luck!

rmunson1

I guess I could have said it better with 'I want a crop function'
I'm on Windows 10 and whether I just click on an edge or 'ALT'-click, the full resizing of the windows occurs, no cropping.

rmunson1

I guess I could have said it better with 'I want a crop function'
I'm on Windows 10 and whether I just click on an edge or 'ALT'-click, the full resizing of the windows occurs, no cropping.
I don't know what changed, but now I get a green outline, not red. And "ALT-click" DOES indeed crop. I get the full size of the desired image in the space desired (rather than shrinking the desired image in a ridiculous way to achieve the desired size to record). So, I guess you can close this. Solved, nor now, via ALT.