[Request] Stream Delay: A "dump" delay feature for live censor

budwheizzah

I've been doing some experiments with OBS's stream delay feature and I can't seem to for the life of me be able to use it for on-the-fly live censorship on Twitch.

My suggestion would be OBS needs a button to clear/nuke the currently buffered delay without stopping the stream: but instead of immediately cutting to the present, OBS would instead broadcast a static image (let's say a static OBS logo by default, could be configurable as a media source) while it re-buffers a new delay. So if someone who takes viewer video suggestions uses a 3 second delay, if they accidentally display anything offensive, they could use this function to nuke the last 3 seconds of their stream's existence while preserving their viewers and not splitting up the stream in multiple vods, all while making sure the delay is still available if needed again.

The problem right now is that stream delay doesn't make itself very useful specifically on Twitch, as the only way to clear the delay is to stop streaming, and that function doesn't even kick in Twitch's disconnect protection feature - it just ends the stream completely no matter how quickly you click start streaming again, even with a tiny delay. A feature like I'm describing here would likely be very welcome by many.