Request: Multiple Scene Columns?

Jaxel

Right now there is only one column for scenes. If I have more than 9 scenes, I have to scroll down to select scenes. Sometimes this can take a lot of time. It would be nice if there were multiple scene columns; maybe we could sort them into categories?

There is a TON of extra space in the bottom control area.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Sounds like you want the Scene Collections feature? You'd need to split your scenes into collections for different types of content as you can't change collections while live. The amount of space in the bottom area of the OBS window depends on how you've sized the window and your base resolution so there's not necessarily a lot of space.

Jaxel

Sounds like you want the Scene Collections feature? You'd need to split your scenes into collections for different types of content as you can't change collections while live. The amount of space in the bottom area of the OBS window depends on how you've sized the window and your base resolution so there's not necessarily a lot of space.
No, thats not what I want. Because you can't use multiple collections at the same time. You have to shut the stream down to change the collection.

I want a single collection, with multiple columns of scenes simply so that I don't have to scroll through my list. If I am running a stream at a major event, I could have 20-30 scenes that we all use. Having to scroll through a list of 20 scenes slows things down greatly and can often hinder when I am trying to change scenes extremely quickly.

There is a TON of extra space with absolutely nothing in it at the bottom of OBS; I just want to be able to click every scene without having to scroll through any lists.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Perhaps if you run OBS fullscreen it appears that there's more space, but again it depends entirely on how you've sized the window and your base resolution. There isn't really any free space at the bottom of my own window for example. I understand what you're asking but this seems unlikely to be implemented (at least in OBS1) without at least a graceful way of handling it in the UI, which would be difficult.