[Request] Advanced scene editing

Lenwe

Hi

OBS is awesome and the best streaming software IMO. However it would be great to provide more controls on scene editing :
– Copy and paste for scenes and sources
– Ability to set the parameters for scale, position and crop for each source manually (as for screen capture for example) to ensure precise editing

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yep, oft-requested features, they will be implemented with the new code.

Lenwe

Thanks. BTW I found a workaround : I create a picture with photoshop with rectangles of the exact needed size for each element then I import it in OBS to make the elements fit the rectangles and it's fine :)

Kirby420

Lenwe said:
Thanks. BTW I found a workaround : I create a picture with photoshop with rectangles of the exact needed size for each element then I import it in OBS to make the elements fit the rectangles and it's fine :)

You can also go into \appdata\roaming\OBS\scenes.xconfig after you create a source and edit it's cx/cy values to pixel exact dimensions.

Lenwe

You can also go into \appdata\roaming\OBS\scenes.xconfig after you create a source and edit it's cx/cy values to pixel exact dimensions.

This is what I do. I also make a copy of the file in my scene assets folder so that I can make a different template for each game, I just have to overwrite the scenes.xconfig file with a .bat file.