Replay Buffer Output No Length

SakuOBS

I have just downloaded OBS about an hour ago, had a clip that I wanted to save, my "Replay Buffer" was on of course and I pressed my keybind.
All seems to go well, the video opened and it looks great, even the split audio channels worked as expected.
Just one thing is wrong with the file, in the metadata (if that's what it's called), the video outputs without any length, which means I can't view the clip properly or skip forward or backwards.
1711103444122.png

If anyone knows a simple fix for this for next clips it could be useful.
For now, I put the clip into "HandBrake", and it seemed to calculate the length and add it into the clip itself in the output.
But for the future uses, I'd like my clips to just come out with the "Length" property.
Also this is what I mean by "Can't skip forward or backwards":
1711103557143.png

Thanks for any replies, and sorry if my English was bad.
Also here are the logs incase they can be useful to debug this:

Suslik V

You can try "mpv player" because when you making fragmented .mp4 recordings it it expected that you will use modern player to play your files back.
Or you can try to record to .mkv format of the media container (if it even supported by your media player).

Last edited:

Suslik V

No length, because for streaming-ready formats (like fragmented mp4) length of the media should be calculated through the chunks. Only special utils (MediaInfo) and modern players will show real length of the media. For non-streaming formats the length stored as plain number in the description part of the media (that in these files just one and located at start or end of the media, so easily read by programs like Windows File Explorer).

SakuOBS

Or you can try to record to .mkv format of the media container (if it even supported by your media player).
This seems to have fixed the issue, the file size is larger for the most part, but this is fine by me.
No length, because for streaming-ready formats (like fragmented mp4) length of the media should be calculated through the chunks. Only special utils (MediaInfo) and modern players will show real length of the media. For non-streaming formats the length stored as plain number in the description part of the media (that in these files just one and located at start or end of the media, so easily read by programs like Windows File Explorer).
This make sense, thanks for the detailed explanation, I appreciate it a lot.