Replacing audio of an mp4 file - Am I in the right place with OBS/?

JagatPrem

Hi there, I have enhanced the audio from a mp4 file in Audacity & now I want to replace the existing audio on my mp4 file with this new audio file. Can I do this in OBS and yes, how? Thanks for your support.

thewitt

Syncing the two files will be your challenge. If that's important you would be better off using a video editing program like iMovie or Divinci Resolve - both free.

You can certainly set up OBS to use the two files as input sources and record the results, but syncing would be a bit of a challenge.

JagatPrem

Syncing the two files will be your challenge. If that's important you would be better off using a video editing program like iMovie or Divinci Resolve - both free.

You can certainly set up OBS to use the two files as input sources and record the results, but syncing would be a bit of a challenge.
Thanks, that's very helpful. At least I know now where to look to start my efforts!

rockbottom

It's fairly easy once you get the hang of it.

If I plan on re-rendering the video track, I do everything with Vegas Pro. If I only need to trim the recording & not touch the video track, I use a few different apps.

1) I trim the recording with Avidemux & save.

2) Import the file from Avidemux to Vegas, sync the new audio track & render just the new audio.

3) Import the file from Avidemux along with the new audio track from Vegas to mkvmerge for final assembly.