Replace the black background of a Zoom call

Kii

Hi all!

I've been looking for quite long as how to do it, and can't seem to find any answer. Typing the question on google always brings a hundred of "how to change the background of your camera" with zoom.

I am currently working on streaming conferences. My setup involves capturing a display that is in a Zoom call, and use OBS to stream it on a third platform where we can have more interactivity with our viewers.

Trying to improve the production value, I would like to be able to replace the black background of the call with still images or even videos (see picture below). I suppose it's kind of the same principle as green screens, but zoom doesnt allow to change the color of the background of the call.

Any idea on how to achieve this?
Thank you a lot for your time.

Attachments

• example_stream.jpg
    example_stream.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 143

Karl Camarador

I'm having the same issue. I'd like to change the background of a zoom call. I tried capturing the zoom window and filtering it with the chroma key, but it didn't work. When I picked the screen color of the zoom call's background, the entire zoom is filtered. I tried adjusting the settings but it also didn't work. I hope someone can help.
Screenshot (684).png

Screenshot (685).png

Last edited:

Karl Camarador

Hi all!

I've been looking for quite a long as to how to do it, and can't seem to find an answer. Typing the question on google always brings a hundred of "how to change the background of your camera" with zoom.

I am currently working on streaming conferences. My setup involves capturing a display that is in a Zoom call and use OBS to stream it on a third platform where we can have more interactivity with our viewers.

Trying to improve the production value, I would like to be able to replace the black background of the call with still images or even videos (see picture below). I suppose it's kind of the same principle as green screens, but zoom doesn't allow to change the color of the background of the call.

Any idea on how to achieve this?
Thank you a lot for your time.

I'm not sure if you figured it out yet, but I'd like to share what I did. Use the color key filter instead of the chroma key. Choose the background color of the zoom call on the screen. Then lower the similarity and smoothness into 1.