Question / Help Rendering Lag is killing me

plasticdreams

All of a sudden when I try to stream games it started skipping frames and freezing on stream and recording. I opened up the stats and it shows anywhere from 5% to 30% Frames missed due to rendering lag. I've switched encoders and still the same problem. It happens if I'm streaming a fullscreen game. Even if I have it capped at 60 with v-sync. It even happens when streaming my ps4 remote play window. Hell, it's even happening when all that's in the scene is a gif.

Specs
i7- 6850K
32gb RAM
GTX 1080
Samsung EVO 860 250gb

Attachments

• 2018-10-06 14-07-38.txt
    30.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2018-10-06 14-23-24.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2018-10-06 14-26-41.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 10

plasticdreams

Here ya go. Even with low gpu load I still get the issue.

Attachments

• gpuz.png
    gpuz.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 37

BK-Morpheus

I assume that it's true, that the GPU load is not hitting over ~90% while OBS + you Game is running (use GPU-Z to log that, because the Windows Taskmanager is showing wrong GPU load values).
The first log with 720p 60fps streaming shows no problem (under 1% rendering lag is okay...you will always have a few rendering lag frames, if you tab in and out of fullscreen games).
Only the last log with 1080p 60fps streaming shows the massive rendering lag.
GPU-Z shows, that your GPU is running at the full x16 PCI-E bandwith, which is exactly, what you want..so I see no potential problem there.

Other than making sure, your GPU load stays under ~90%, the only other tip I can give you is to turn off windows 10 Game DVR (and disable Nvidia Shadowplay, if you have Geforece Experience installed).