Remote app.

Hi,

I was just browsing around and came up with the following:
Nowadays a lot of people have a smartphone of some sorts and/or a tablet.

Perhaps its interresting to have an app that connects via wifi or usb to obs to take control of certain aspects of obs.
Like selecting the scene you want to activate and the dis,-/enabling sources in that scene.
And perhaps also something like sound control.

If it would be implemented and eveloves in the future, it would also be a posiblity to capture the cam/microphone of the device and stream it live.

It would open up all sorts of new control posibilities for obs without conflicting keybinds in obs and games and ofcourse improved experience for obs.

Kind regards,

Greendweller.

Hahaha well ,... im actually mad enough to try something like that :)
Only did some self tought php programming about 10 years ago and that was not even a quality thing.
However im already so far that i have installed the sdk's and have an emulator running for testing and buisy building my 1st app ^^.

But i'm only halfway through the "hello world" teaching class and my brain is on the fritz :P
A lot more difficult than that php lol.
Need to hang back and read up some more about this stuff.

Kharay

And to think that is only half of the equation, you would still have to delve into the subject of OBS' API as well. Which is not very well documented at this time. ;)

Anyhow, the idea is a solid one, I like it.

Jep, i already realised as much while messing around with that xml code.
setting up an unique connection
keeping it alive in set intervals
Import profiles/ scenes/sources and save them.
posibility to enable/disable them trought the api
and perhaps sound control of some sort.

But yea it needs 2 parts at least for this to work. The app and a plugin to setup the connection between them with some sort of authentication.

Crehl

Is OBS Remote all that suitable for things like phone and tablet screens? I've seen it but never tried it.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Crehl: I have absolutely no idea, as I have no need for the application myself. I've heard of people using it on their smartphone, but that's about it.