Reload global sources

ThePooN

Actually, to reload a normal source in a scene, you can just disable and re-enable it. With global sources, you need to restart your stream/record to do this!

I don't imagine myself restarting my stream if my webcam (which I added as Global source to avoid freezes while switching between scenes) goes buggy!

I hope you understand my need of this feature. :P
Maybe somebody else needs this?

Thanks!

dping

Actually, to reload a normal source in a scene, you can just disable and re-enable it. With global sources, you need to restart your stream/record to do this!

I don't imagine myself restarting my stream if my webcam (which I added as Global source to avoid freezes while switching between scenes) goes buggy!

I hope you understand my need of this feature. :P
Maybe somebody else needs this?

Thanks!
have you tried raising your scene buffering time? this might help the freezes...

ThePooN

This may help, but the global source is still the best option for stability & speed of OBS.
And I don't only use global source for my webcam but also to display my chat (via Browser plugin) across my scenes, imagine if I need to refresh the chat with a global source? Impossible :( (and I don't want to use Chrome/Firefox to capture it, it's very annoying)

dping

This may help, but the global source is still the best option for stability & speed of OBS.
And I don't only use global source for my webcam but also to display my chat (via Browser plugin) across my scenes, imagine if I need to refresh the chat with a global source? Impossible :( (and I don't want to use Chrome/Firefox to capture it, it's very annoying)
increasing scene buffering doesn't just help sync your audio and video, it aids in scene switching as well.

ThePooN

yeah maybe, but this isn't an answer to this:

Being unable to reload global source has always been a flaw for me.