Relative Paths or Variables for Portable mode!!

Cauptain

Hi all,

I'm new on OBS but I have a crucial question.

I did the portable installation using the file portable_mode.txt. Everything works correctly using the shortcut keys.

The recording path was: "E: \ Tools \ OBS \ videos"

Now I want to put everything on my child's External HD and be able to record videos there, but without having to configure the recording path again on each computer.

How to use relative paths, variables or anything that works? What would be the correct command?

Thank you

Claudio

4noxx

same problem. portable mode works good, but problem with my txt-files. i cannot add a relativ path. need this for my usb stick with OBS.
on some computers i have different drive letters E:\OBS\txt-files --OR-- F:\OBS\txt-files

FerretBomb

Relative paths would be an excellent option for portable mode, even if everything had to be located under the obs root directory. Normally I'll work around this by reserving W for my 'streaming drive' on each system, and manually reassign the drive letter if it isn't automatically remembered.

Relative paths would be great though, make it easy to pull everything off the USB side preemptively and get that out of the way/avoid it as a bottleneck.

khaver

Mount the external hard drive as a folder of the same name and location on each computer instead of letting the OS pick a drive letter. Install and run portable OBS from the drive and all paths will be referenced from the same mount point on both computers.