Question / Help Redirect OBS Audio Output?

korireed

Hello!

I suspect this is something that needs to be directed toward the Browser Plugin folks, but I'm going to go ahead and post in two places to make sure.

So, the headset I use to play on my Xbox One is hooked up to both the console and my PC. I can play/chat on the Xbox One and I hear PC audio coming in as well - great! This allows me to watch videos viewers submit live without routing all my desktop audio into the stream.

Now many Twitch streamers will use something like TwitchAlerts.com and the Browser Plugin (here) to get custom alerts for things such as followers and donations. These alerts can include audio. Currently, the audio plays through the "system default" audio device (which is set to my headset so I can hear my PC while playing.

Is there any way to redirect the audio from OBS to say a Virtual Audio Cable so that I can route it back in properly? I definitely tried setting OBS to use different audio devices for Desktop Audio (suspecting the audio might be routed to that device), but was sorely disappointed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you kindly for your input! I love OBS so much - it's an amazing tool to have access to for free.