Recordings are low FPS with stutters

heavecz

So I've had trouble when recording anything on my computer with OBS whether it's gameplay or just capturing the display. I have tweaked around with the settings and searched through the Internet to find a solution, but there doesn't seem to be one. When I begin recording, the preview and/or gameplay runs normally as it always does. During recording, there is no indication of OBS causing my computer to run poorly.

However, as soon as I stop recording and take a look at the video, the FPS is extremely choppy and seems to consistently be at 20 or less. There are casual stutters and freezes as well which were never apparent amidst the making of the video.

Here are my specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core
Memory: 16 GB

None of the parts are bottlenecked before, during or after the recording. GPU is more than capable of handling OBS.

Here is the link to the most current log: https://obsproject.com/logs/1b9oEdYDB4Aen0WZ

I would really appreciate any feedback on this; there seems to be no solution or fix as far as I have searched.

PaiSand

Please restart OBS and perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

heavecz

Please restart OBS and perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.
https://obsproject.com/logs/zPKYv7B9OVC4bhor

Thank you for your reply. I did as you said, and when I hit the analyze option, the only critical thing was the file type being MP4 and having the possibility of the file being lost. It mentioned that as well as the Window 10 21H2 that I currently have installed. Other than that, it didn't provide any other options or information.

PaiSand

For recording it's adviced to use CQP intead of CBR.
CQP is based on quality nad CBR trade that quality in favour of a constant bitrate which consumes more resources.
Set the CQ level between 23 and 15 (lower better quality) and test.

Also, display capture is more resource intensive than game or window capture. Try using one of this 2 capture methods and see how they work in cqase you're recording a game or specific program.

Then, which player are you using to check on the recorded video? VLC is a better chocie over the windows player as its known to not reproduce well some videos.