Question / Help Recording switches from clear to fuzzy

meanbean

When I record a video, this weird thing happens where its clear but for half a second it becomes fuzzy, then becomes clear again. Its almost like a heartbeat and its kind of annoying. The video also seems a bit grainy, but i believe that is because of my bitrate. However, I dont know why it becomes fuzzy at all, so if anyone could help me I would appreciate it. I linked a video for an example. I have the recording at 1080p 30fps with 12000 bitrate saved as an mkv file.

FerretBomb

Post a logfile of a recording session at least 30 seconds in length, where the issue was occurring. There's a pinned thread at the top of the forum explaining how to do so.

FerretBomb

That appears to be an issue with the AMF encoder. AMF is... very, very not good, and issues like that are sadly common.
Swap to x264 CPU-based encoding instead. If you are just recording locally and not streaming, you can select a very CPU-light option to minimize the impact.

For recording:
1) Simple output mode
2) Indistinguishable quality preset
3) x264 low-CPU encoder (or standard x264 if your system can handle it and game fine at the same time; low-CPU will just result in larger recording file sizes)