Bug Report Recording stutter if in-game FPS is NOT 60 fps (Vsynch related?)

Aecnoril

I'm trying to record (not stream) a game. I've had some stutter problems with other games in the past that might be related to this but today I got closer to figuring out what happened. (while trying to record Life is Strange)

I was trying to fix recording Life is Strange, as I tried recording before but it stuttered. After tweaking the settings up and down a lot I played around with Vsynch, and discovered that there was no stutter at all if my FPS was exactly 60. Every time it dropped even a bit below it, the game would run fine but whe I watch the footage afterwards it would stutter terribly at those moments.

I haven't used an FPS-capper yet as they usually don't get as exact results as VSynch. But even if my FPS is (way) above 60 fps the recording just stutters when watching afterwards..

A weird note is that when I use Nvideas Shadowplay recording feature, there seems to be no problem at all. (Yes, I tried using different video encoders. Also tried both OBS classic and MP).

I have a Lenovo y50 with a GTX 860M 2 GB and an I7-4710HQ quadcore CPU with 8 threads.

Aecnoril

I had the same problems with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. But then it did record fine at 60+ FPS, but still stuttered at 59- FPS