Recording mulitple video sources

Rinsky

Hi,

i think it's already possible, but only with multiple OBS instances.

It would be great to be able to record multiple video sources with nvenc and stream another source at the same time.

There should be a recording menu, where you check and uncheck the desired input sources and choose the encoding method + resolution & bitrate.

It would be a great feature for a mulit camera livestreaming event.

Update: I just tried to record numerous 1080p sources with multiple OBS instances, but I can't start (nvenc) recording with more than 2 instances. Whats the limitation for nvenc? Shouldn't it be possible to record up to 4x1080p sources?

I tried it on 2 different machines, same problem. I just can't start a third recording

Last edited:

Boildown

That sounds right. Are you using the same OBS executable for each instance or different OBS executables? I've always used different OBS executables for each OBS instance, copying the OBS files to a new folder, or using the 32 bit version for one instance and the 64 bit version for the other. I can't say that I've tried a third however.

Rinsky

It works on both, the 32 bit and 64 bit version. I can open multiple 32 and 64 bit instances at the same time. Just add " -multi" to the target in the properties (right click on the shortcut -> properties)