Recording limit?

Vhellcat

Hello,

I've been using OBS to record conversations in Discord, along with desktop sounds. Recording format is .mkv and there is no video - which is completely fine. I want to keep it in .mkv format & not .mp3 (if I want to, I can remux it later).
The changes I have made have been to change my headsets (went from wired to two different wireless headsets). In the past I have been able to record a 4 hour long conversation without any issues.
However now, I'm lucky if it records over 2 hours. I've had several recordings just get cut off, at a random time, so I can't pinpoint why/what setting is causing this. I don't have a log file because I have tried to keep my recordings under 2 hours. I have over 300 GB disk space available, so I don't think it's a question of storage. From what I have been able to find online, OBS doesn't have a recording limit - or does it?

Thank you!

Vhellcat

Any limits are imposed by your system, not by obs itself.

How so? I've had recordings 3-4+ hours in the past without issues. I haven't changed any systems settings except to add the new headsets - which shouldn't affect the recordings right?

Thank you!

Harold

00:53:27.667: [ffmpeg muxer: 'simple_file_output'] Writing file 'C:/Users/User/Videos/Recordings/2021-07-17 00-53-27.mkv'...
00:54:32.559: Stopping recording due to OutputTimer
It's stopping because you set a timer in tools - output timer.

Vhellcat

It's stopping because you set a timer in tools - output timer.

The Timer is "new" - I set it for 5 hours + - so shouldn't recordings less than 5 hours be "in full'? Or is it a total of 5 hours for a particular day? Because I just had a recording of 1h 15 minutes but it cut off after an hour: (yes the timer is "on" I guess - how do I shut it off? Leave only 30 seconds in)?

Thank you!