Recording issue

Hexan

Hello. I really love the OBS, so far the best streaming software. But I would like to see a slight adjustment in streaming+saving the file. Let me describe the issue.
I am streaming League of Legends, and I have included a lot of stuff. Like texts, layout, webcam, Logo and so.
It would be so perfect to separate items from stream and recording to file, so you can choose what is on stream and on your disk just get the raw video file without anything like webcam and stuff. Would be also good to make it for sound aswell, to separate mic and speakers so in the file I would get only the ingame sound, but it is not such a big deal.
Please let me know your opinion about this. I think a lot of players will find this very usefull when making videos from your plays...
Best regards, Hexan

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Currently this should be somewhat possible using a program like Dxtory and then adding it to OBS as a video capture device. Dxtory would be able to output the video it's capturing to a separate file while you stream, and I believe it records separate audio tracks as well. You wouldn't have the option to pick scene elements to include though, it would be the game by itself.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Using Dxtory to save the video as a clean output certainly works. There is a proposed feature for the OBS rewrite (which is not going to be part of the initial release) that could let you record a scene that may or may not be currently live, separate from the main encoder, and that could accomplish what you're asking. It would be tricky to implement but I believe Jim is keeping the possibility open.