Recording isn't smooth at 60fps recording

ComeSenpai

Hi, so my problem is purely related to recording videos and it's from a game called "Osu!". The game runs beautifully smooth over 900 fps without any interference as soon as I turn on the recording everything is still buttery smooth and when I look back at the video I shot, it looks choppy.
Any help would be appreciated. The goal is to make the video run beautifully smooth even at 60fps and just keep it from sluttering exactly as the others do.

My specifications:
Operating system - Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000 Build 22000
System type - x64-based PC
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3312 Mhz, cores: 4, logical processors: 4
Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce 1060 6GB
Motherboard - B150M Night Elf (MS-7979)
RAM - 16,0 GB
Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 165hz

Obs log: https://obsproject.com/logs/nrbEAFUify3FP5s_
List of things I tried:
Turned off video preview in obs
Changed from 165hz to 120hz
Reduced the output resolution to 720p
Turned on/off game mode in windows
Changed between 44kHz and 48kHz audio
Used both x264 and NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new) encoders
Used both colour ranges partial/full
Set the priority of launching obs to high and as administrator
Tried both outputs mp4/mkv
Turn off/on Psycho Visual Tunning
Reduced all ingame settings tried both unlimited / vsync fps even custom 60fps and it's literally unplayable
Tried bitrate between 2000 - 12000 changed all of them by the thousands till I found a sweet spot
Tried every one of CQ levels from 13 to 25
Tried every Preset from Max Performance to Quality
Have set the video output to both SSD and HDD
Read about every forum on how I could set things up

Obs settings at the moment:
Colours.jpg

Recording.jpg

Video.jpg

SCENE.jpg

MajorDrumKill

Try changing your refresh rate back to 165, and limiting the in game FPS to 120. This way, you will still get smooth gameplay, and it stays in sync to 60 fps.

ComeSenpai

Try changing your refresh rate back to 165, and limiting the in game FPS to 120. This way, you will still get smooth gameplay, and it stays in sync to 60 fps.
When I do that the game isn't that smooth by itself like when it was uncapped on 500+ fps but I guess there's no fixing that.

MajorDrumKill

When I do that the game isn't that smooth by itself like when it was uncapped on 500+ fps but I guess there's no fixing that.
Hmmm... Try increasing the FPS in increments of 60. try 180 fps, then 240, etc... until it's smooth. My guess would be your card is pushing to its max when it's uncapped.

ComeSenpai

Hmmm... Try increasing the FPS in increments of 60. try 180 fps, then 240, etc... until it's smooth. My guess would be your card is pushing to its max when it's uncapped.
Tried 60 up till 720 and with no change at all gpu usage stays around 10-20% while recording but cpu is around 50-75% maybe that could cause the issue?

MajorDrumKill

Tried 60 up till 720 and with no change at all gpu usage stays around 10-20% while recording but cpu is around 50-75% maybe that could cause the issue?
That is also very possible. Some titles out there just aren't optimized to the fullest and will always give problems. :(

ComeSenpai

In a meanwhile, when I set obs to record in 120 fps everything seems to be normal functioning. So if anyone is interested or could help with this I post it here.

You can watch it here:
120fps OBS recording: Gameplay 120FPS
60fps OBS recording: Gameplay 60FPS

NOTE´ - You have to download them, because google preview is not accurate at all and sadly I couldn't upload them on youtube aswell because it encodes in 60 only or smth and ruins the quality.
My cpu/gpu/drive usage while recording osu! isn't high at all! cpu stays around 30-40%, gpu is 10-20%

Yet another things I tried; --
Tried different recording sofwares same issue
Tried recording osu! in window borderless mode
Turned off both vsync/gsync in NVIDIA control Panel / Turned both of them on and caped vsync at 120fps so when I record 120fps at 120fps running game it works! completely fine as mentioned up there but when it's 60 it's ruined.

wesh92

In a meanwhile, when I set obs to record in 120 fps everything seems to be normal functioning. So if anyone is interested or could help with this I post it here.

You can watch it here:
120fps OBS recording: Gameplay 120FPS
60fps OBS recording: Gameplay 60FPS

NOTE´ - You have to download them, because google preview is not accurate at all and sadly I couldn't upload them on youtube aswell because it encodes in 60 only or smth and ruins the quality.
My cpu/gpu/drive usage while recording osu! isn't high at all! cpu stays around 30-40%, gpu is 10-20%

Yet another things I tried; --
Tried different recording sofwares same issue
Tried recording osu! in window borderless mode
Turned off both vsync/gsync in NVIDIA control Panel / Turned both of them on and caped vsync at 120fps so when I record 120fps at 120fps running game it works! completely fine as mentioned up there but when it's 60 it's ruined.
This might be the same thing I'm experiencing right now even in a dual PC setup. It looks like frame skipping on my side, the only fix I found was locking the games to 60 fps but what's weird is that it doesn't happen for every game.

Did you find a solution since then ?