Question / Help Recording is Freezing but audio continues

Aengus

Hey, so I've recently installed OBS Studio and configured settings using online guides. To test my settings i've recorded some game play of Overwatch and it records fine but when i watch the recording the video keeps freezing on a still image or a black screen. It may be my settings are too high but i have played around with resolution and FPS and the result is still the same, i also ran the game in low settings just while recording and it made no difference so please help me!
Thanks a lot here is my log file too.

https://gist.github.com/a9aa7932795afbe6cafdcc464217fea7

Hopefully this works, my CPU was apparently only running at 15% so i was thinking maybe my hardrive is bottlenecking om not sure thanks for the help :)

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. Enable vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage. If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game.

You can also try disabling the OBS preview or minimizing OBS (to disable preview rendering).