Question / Help Recording is a bit choppy - any tips welcomed

WoodDuck

Hi Im new to this , I use FCPX proficiantly to edit 4k drone footage BUT have never done Screen recording before, I would really appreciate any tips to speen the learning curve

1080 Nvidia card

1587450518195.png

carlmmii

Run OBS as administrator, and turn off Psychovisual Tuning in your output encoder settings.

Also, do not record directly to .mp4. That container format requires metadata to be written at the very end of recording, so if anything happens where the file creation is cut short (such as any sort of crash), the resulting file will be completely corrupted. Instead, record to .mkv, and if you need .mp4 for editing, then remux it to .mp4 afterward. This can be done automatically in the advanced settings, or manually in the file menu.

carlmmii

The only other thing I see that could potentially cause issues is having both Game Capture and Display Capture active in the same scene. These two methods can have potential conflicts, so if you end up seeing stuttering in the recording without any render or encoding lag reported, then try removing one or the other and see if the issue resolves.