Recording in separate audio files

un_pogaz

Would it be possible to add an option (a simple button to checked) to save in separate files, video and the audio tracks.
This would be useful because my video editor does not support multi-audio.

un_pogaz

You can run your files through ffmpeg and remux them to have the audio in external files.

No and yes.
No, this option would be useful because not everyone knows how to use ffmpeg.
Yes, I already made my script (between my first post and now)
ffmpeg -y -i "%OBS%\%VIDEO%.mp4" -map 0:2 -vn -c:a copy "%OBS%\%VIDEO%_2.aac"
This cmd extracts only the audio track 2, because in 50000kbs 60fps, the video makes several Giga (and some session goes up to 50G) video extraction it is a bit long (so we come back on No).
In short, I'm getting out of this problem, was for others that I think. This option could be useful for newcomers (and other recorder software on this option), so kept this idea whatever pars.
In any case, thank you for answering.

Last edited:

Fenrir

Forum Admin
The best solution is, frankly, to use editing software that isn't terrible. If your editor can't understand that there's a video and multiple audio tracks... probably time to get a new editor. :)

un_pogaz

Yes, probably true, Movie Maker is a bit outdated, I would have to change for a more powerful. [troll=OFF]
Seriously, I use HitFilm (http://hitfilm.com/), which is, let's make simple, merging of Premiere and After Effect into one software. So no, I don't think to change software.
But, thank for the suggest. :)

(After the software is still young, and my crack a bit old (maybe it has changed with the latest version, no idea))

Last edited:

c3r1c3

So wait... not only do you steal software, but you steal (old) software that sucks?

Sucks to be you, I guess.