Question / Help Recording error: An encoder error occurred while recording.

tgchristy

I get the following error: Recording error: An encoder error occurred while recording.

This happens when I start a recording and then start streaming. This is a new issue for me. Any idea what may be going on?

If I instead start the stream then hit Start Recording I get the following error: Encoding error: An encoder error occurred while streaming.

Narcogen

Then I would check for updated Nvidia drivers. The error presenting relates to NVENC:

17:57:27.179: [jim-nvenc: 'simple_h264_recording'] init_encoder: nvEncGetEncodePresetConfig failed: 15 (NV_ENC_ERR_INVALID_VERSION)

This usually occurs when the number of available NVENC sessions is exceeded, but it could be a driver problem.

jesses_elsewhere

This happened to me when I tried a transition that I don't think my pc can handle. I went back to a normal transition and the problem went away. Hope this helps!

carlmmii

For all the COD:MW specific problems, turn off the feature that records highlights. This uses up one of your NVENC encoding streams, so even if you have shadowplay disabled, this will still be eating into what OBS is allowed to use.

You could possibly get around it by recording using the stream encoder, as that would only use a single NVENC encoding stream on OBS's side. Otherwise, you'll have to go with x264 encoding for either the stream, or the recording.

Bard_Bardsman

For all the COD:MW specific problems, turn off the feature that records highlights. This uses up one of your NVENC encoding streams, so even if you have shadowplay disabled, this will still be eating into what OBS is allowed to use.

You could possibly get around it by recording using the stream encoder, as that would only use a single NVENC encoding stream on OBS's side. Otherwise, you'll have to go with x264 encoding for either the stream, or the recording.

Is that an ingame feature or the Geforce Experience overlay?

jenet

Attachments

• No graphic processor option.png
    No graphic processor option.png
    67 KB · Views: 539