Record ffmpeg output with seperate audio tracks.

JadedDragoon

I was quite elated to discover OBS Studio now allows saving separate audio inputs as individual audio streams in a multiple-audio-stream-capable video container file. "Happy day," I thought. "Finally I will be able to record audio tracks separately and handle them as they should be handled in post production."

Only I still can't. Because when I record video I do so losslessly. Which means I don't use x264 cause x264 (and, indeed, the h.264 encoding standard itself), while possessing the ability, absolutely sucks at lossless encoding. Ut Video codec manages to do it with no dropped frames and only 5% CPU usage while x264 gobbles up 15-30% CPU and still drops every 2 out of every 5 frames. ::cries::

So OBS Studio allows encoding separate audio streams but only when using Standard "type" recording (as opposed to Custom Output (FFmpeg) "type" recording). And Standard "type" recording limits me to x264 or some hardware encoding method (which, it so happens, is also for h.264 output... bleh). This seems a terribly arbitrary restriction. Which I hope means the ability to encode separate audio streams should be available for ffmpeg output soon as well.

::puppy dog eyes:: Please?