Razer surround + OBS and how viewers can hear what i hear

Razer surround is software virtual 7.1 surround sound.
Razer surround don't record if i choose it in OBS.

I do a wierd things. Razer surround on. I physically connect sound card output to line-in ( headphones also connected to this mess). http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6061/9xtj.jpg

With this configuration i can record virtual 7.1 surround sound. In OBS must be set Microphone : Line-in. Sound must be mute. http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5282/6t2r.jpg

So. Now i have problem, i can't record voice in this config. Solution add in OBS two mics settings. First be line-in, second be my mic. And mix them, how it mixes with sound out and mic.

Maybe have some easier way to record virtual surround sound ?

Some test. http://ru.twitch.tv/ivannew2012/b/433874336

Re: Razer surround + OBS and how viewers can hear what i hea

Also have some new problem, with one sound card i can't record line-in and microphone at same time. Maybe use second sound card for mic.

With "Virtual Audio Cable" i guese can audio repeat mic on second audio card to Virtual Cable, then in OBS set audio device Virtual Cable. It on case if OBS not support two microphones in future.

Also hardware audio mixer can do this i guese.

Satll

So you want to record Razer Surround and microphone at the same time? In audio settings, change Desktop audio to Speakers (Razer Surround Audio Controller) and Microphone to whatever your microphone is.

It don't work, 7.1 virtual sound don't record, just stereo sound record. That why i need do crazy things.

freehuhn

you know that virtual surround only works with headphones not with speaker so every user without headphones got something "terrible" out of his speaker.

Krazy

Town drunk

Is the Razer Surround stuff actually any good? Can I install the horrible synapse 2.0 stuff without losing my older razer drivers for my mouse? My Creative sound card has some virtual surround sound as well, but it's always been awful and makes everything sound tinny and horrible, so I've always been wary of virtual surround sound stuff.

Krazy

Town drunk

Meh, if it thrashes sound quality, then I'm not really interested.

Find out way how viewers can hear what i hear with Razer Surround without wire mess, don't need physical audio mixer and can use microphone.

Use Virtual Audio Cable:
For Razer Surround:
Audio Repeater (Kernel Streaming):
Wave in: Realtek HD Audio Stereo Input (NOT Razer surround audio controller)
Wave out: Virtual Cable 1

For microphone:
Audio Repeater (Kernel Streaming):
Wave in: Realtek HD Audio Mic Input
Wave out: Virtual Cable 1

In OBS: Set Microphone to Line 1(Virtual Audio Cable), Desktop Audio Device must be disabled for no echo.

If i set Desktop Audio Device to Line 1(Virtual Audio Cable) it's not working.

Don't sure, but maybe quality of sound Razer surround can be depends on quality of audio card and headphones. Well i have none of that and can't tell for sure.
Hardware or software virtual surround made, it use same principles.

vaesauce

the Razer Surround Sound will make your Stereo headphones A LOT better.

It'll probably improve your surround sound headphones also but you won't know unless you try it out. I'm using it and it was quite a surprise.