Question / Help Razer Ripsaw Black Screen on OBS Studio

dennav

I was able to run smoothly OBS Studio and Ripsaw on my laptop but have problems on my desktop.

I've already added Source > Video Capture Device > Razer Ripsaw Game Capture Card Video
Resolution/FPS type: Custom
Resolution: 1920x1080

I still get a black screen on OBS but I was able to capture with sounds. Passthrough is working fine on the 2nd monitor. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Desktop:
i5-2500k - ( I know the recommended is i5 4th gen but I saw some people running this with no problems)
16GB RAM
Asus GTX 970
USB 3.0

Laptop:
i7-6700
16GB RAM
GTX 960
USB 3.0

Attachments

• OBS ripsaw 20170220 01.JPG
    OBS ripsaw 20170220 01.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 246
Have you tried changing the resolution to 1280 x 720 to see if that changes anything? Or unplugging the Ripsaw and plugging it back in?

I use the Ripsaw and I've had some crazy issues with it that I had to get used to after buying it.

dennav

Have you tried changing the resolution to 1280 x 720 to see if that changes anything? Or unplugging the Ripsaw and plugging it back in?

I use the Ripsaw and I've had some crazy issues with it that I had to get used to after buying it.
what's your setup? Yes, I did try 1280 x 720, still the same problem. I also tried switching USB ports still no avail. The light on the razer ripsaw is green.

Hopefully someone with more tech knowledge can stop by. I only know stuff from experience.

Have you made sure the Ripsaw Properties are set to HDMI?